Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Monday morning swim and Tuesday 3km Time Trial

13/12/04

Got a surprise when I ventured down to Bronte Beach when I was confronted with high tide and heavy surf crashing into the pool. This made swimming laps impossible. Then ventured to Des Renford Aquatic Centre for my 1km swim instead. Swam well this morning and am finding that I am actually starting to find rhythm in my swimming. Strange but true as I am far from gifted when it comes to swimming. Was able to push a little bit harder on every second lap. Felt like I'd had a good workout when I finished. Unlike other weeks when I just felt relaxed. It is good to know I can vary the intensity of the swim depending on how I feel. I might add another weekly swim in later in the week as a change in training or just something a bit extra.

14/12/04

With the SMC 10km coming up on Sunday, thought I would give a 3km time trial a bash. This consisted of running my 1km interval path 3 times. Ran the first km in around 3:49 before I lost a bit of momentum with the tight turnaround to head back to where I started. Then ran the second km in around 3:55 before again losing momentum to turn around to finish the last km. Concentrated really hard on maintaining form before pushing hard for home with about 500m to go. Finished the last km in 3:51 which gave me a total time of 11:35 which is a 5 second PB for this distance. Felt that the tight turnarounds at the 1km and 2km mark cost me a few seconds as I lost pace and momentum at these points. Still happy with a PB as it tells me I am heading in the right direction. Will probably change locations for next month's 3km time trial to do it without tight twists and turns and hope to go under 11:30.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?