Friday, December 03, 2004
Surge and Hills
2/12/04
If the heading sounds painful, the run can only hurt more.
After a 20 minute warmup, upped the pace to 10km race pace and held that for 10 minutes. Had a minute rest and then the real fun began.
6x45 second hill repeats with a jog back down the hill for recovery.
The hill I found had a rather testing incline before easing back a bit before I could finish in 45 seconds. I have always found hills character building because as you head back down each time you're telling yourself all sorts of stories to try and convince yourself to do it all again when your quads and your lungs are telling you otherwise. Each one hurt a little bit more and I was very relieved to finish the last one.
I must be a glutton for punishment because I am going back next Tuesday to do 8 of the so and so's.
Looking forward to a couple of easy days before tackling 22.3 kms of fun with the Striders 6.10 group on Sunday.
If the heading sounds painful, the run can only hurt more.
After a 20 minute warmup, upped the pace to 10km race pace and held that for 10 minutes. Had a minute rest and then the real fun began.
6x45 second hill repeats with a jog back down the hill for recovery.
The hill I found had a rather testing incline before easing back a bit before I could finish in 45 seconds. I have always found hills character building because as you head back down each time you're telling yourself all sorts of stories to try and convince yourself to do it all again when your quads and your lungs are telling you otherwise. Each one hurt a little bit more and I was very relieved to finish the last one.
I must be a glutton for punishment because I am going back next Tuesday to do 8 of the so and so's.
Looking forward to a couple of easy days before tackling 22.3 kms of fun with the Striders 6.10 group on Sunday.



