Friday, December 24, 2004

Surge and hills

23/12/04

Warmed up with a gentle 6km. Was already sweating as it was quite humid this morning. I then ran for 5 minutes at around 4 minute/km pace, rested for a minute then had to try and get back to where I started in the next 5 minutes. For the first time doing these timed intervals, was able to go 50 metres past where I started. Didn't get too much time to celebrate though, as after another minute rest, started on the first of 8 hill reps. Because of the surges before the hill reps, lactic acid kicked in a lot earlier than usual and really had to grit the teeth to finish the 8. Then finished off with a gentle run back home for a total of 16.5km. My legs didn't feel as heavy as last time I did a hills session so must be getting stronger.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?