Wednesday, December 08, 2004
Swim and Hills
6/12/04
Started the week off with my familiar 1km swim. Felt nice and refreshed afterwards. Upper legs were a little stiff after quite hilly long run yesterday. But following swim, they felt a lot fresher. The Monday morning swim will really start to benefit me when building my long runs up to 30km and will aid the recovery of tired muscles.
7/12/04
Started off with a 5km warmup. Then hit my favourite hill again for 8 reps. Felt fantastic on the first few and I was thinking of how much easier it felt than last Thursday. However, that feeling didn't last long and by the time I got to the last 2, I was really struggling to hold my form all the way to the top as I felt the lactic acid burn. After a minute rest, took off for my 5km warmdown and legs were feeling quite heavy. That got me thinking about Plu's comment from Paul Every that you have to get used to running when your legs are fatigued. This kept me motivated during the recovery run back home. By the time I got home I was drenched with sweat as it was quite humid this morning.
Started the week off with my familiar 1km swim. Felt nice and refreshed afterwards. Upper legs were a little stiff after quite hilly long run yesterday. But following swim, they felt a lot fresher. The Monday morning swim will really start to benefit me when building my long runs up to 30km and will aid the recovery of tired muscles.
7/12/04
Started off with a 5km warmup. Then hit my favourite hill again for 8 reps. Felt fantastic on the first few and I was thinking of how much easier it felt than last Thursday. However, that feeling didn't last long and by the time I got to the last 2, I was really struggling to hold my form all the way to the top as I felt the lactic acid burn. After a minute rest, took off for my 5km warmdown and legs were feeling quite heavy. That got me thinking about Plu's comment from Paul Every that you have to get used to running when your legs are fatigued. This kept me motivated during the recovery run back home. By the time I got home I was drenched with sweat as it was quite humid this morning.



