Monday, January 17, 2005
Sunday Arvo 25km
16/1/05
Before you all have me certified, there was a good reason for doing this.
My better half Belinda failed to make it to her MTG run this morning for a couple of reasons and when I got home from my race this morning, she announced that she was going to run 25km on her own in the afternoon. As she had never run beyond 12.5km on her own, I felt that she was biting off a bit more than she could chew but there was no way I could talk her out of it. I then decided to join her to ensure she was going to be okay.
Very slow to start with as the legs were a little stiff from this morning and the knees were creaking a bit. Crawled through the first couple of kms because of this, but once I got warmed up, we settled into a nice rhythm.
Legs were starting to get angry in the last couple of kms and clumsily fell over with about 3km to go which was caused by an error of judgement as a result of fatigue. Made it home in one piece but pretty tired.
Oh well, it's rest day tomorrow so I will get out for my Monday recovery swim and see if the body still wants to run on Tuesday.
Before you all have me certified, there was a good reason for doing this.
My better half Belinda failed to make it to her MTG run this morning for a couple of reasons and when I got home from my race this morning, she announced that she was going to run 25km on her own in the afternoon. As she had never run beyond 12.5km on her own, I felt that she was biting off a bit more than she could chew but there was no way I could talk her out of it. I then decided to join her to ensure she was going to be okay.
Very slow to start with as the legs were a little stiff from this morning and the knees were creaking a bit. Crawled through the first couple of kms because of this, but once I got warmed up, we settled into a nice rhythm.
Legs were starting to get angry in the last couple of kms and clumsily fell over with about 3km to go which was caused by an error of judgement as a result of fatigue. Made it home in one piece but pretty tired.
Oh well, it's rest day tomorrow so I will get out for my Monday recovery swim and see if the body still wants to run on Tuesday.
Comments:
<< Home
What a guy!
Hope Belinda coped with the big distance. I am sure she truly appreciated having someone else to run with.
Hope the legs are holding you up still and that they get well and truly rested today.
I heard that beer is an excellent recovery drink.....
Hope Belinda coped with the big distance. I am sure she truly appreciated having someone else to run with.
Hope the legs are holding you up still and that they get well and truly rested today.
I heard that beer is an excellent recovery drink.....
Thanks Clairie, she did - just! She has not been feeling that great this week as she has picked up some sort of virus but is determined to keep up her training regime for Canberra. We were both pretty tired when we finished but it was a very enjoyable run and she really did appreciate it. As for the beer, I seem to pick up a bout of gout everytime I go near the stuff and can't afford any interference with training program. It will have to wait until the Canberra after party.
Not certified mate.
I did a lazy 8k around Centennial park late afternoon after the southerly had arrived. Much less humidity.
Post a Comment
I did a lazy 8k around Centennial park late afternoon after the southerly had arrived. Much less humidity.
<< Home




