Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Pain in the Domain
29/3/05
After talking to Bandanna and Miss Skarmel at breaky after the CR 5km Challenge on Saturday, I decided to join them for Pain in the Domain today. We finally convinced Bandanna to join us in Group 3, even though he hadn't run since 6 Foot Track. We were also joined by another CR in Coaster. I felt great today and am really appreciating the cooler weather. I concentrated on just striding out and holding my form on all the efforts and never felt as though I was over exerting. I took it very easy on the recoveries and chatted to Bandanna and Coaster when I could. Miss Skarmel again had rockets in her shoes on the second last effort up Art Gallery hill and put 10 metres on me. Finished off with the last effort to the finish very strongly and was able to jog back after I finished, which is a change, as I am usually too knackered and just walk. As I jogged back I realised I felt very light on my feet which must be the effect of the taper. I love this feeling and wish it would last forever.
After talking to Bandanna and Miss Skarmel at breaky after the CR 5km Challenge on Saturday, I decided to join them for Pain in the Domain today. We finally convinced Bandanna to join us in Group 3, even though he hadn't run since 6 Foot Track. We were also joined by another CR in Coaster. I felt great today and am really appreciating the cooler weather. I concentrated on just striding out and holding my form on all the efforts and never felt as though I was over exerting. I took it very easy on the recoveries and chatted to Bandanna and Coaster when I could. Miss Skarmel again had rockets in her shoes on the second last effort up Art Gallery hill and put 10 metres on me. Finished off with the last effort to the finish very strongly and was able to jog back after I finished, which is a change, as I am usually too knackered and just walk. As I jogged back I realised I felt very light on my feet which must be the effect of the taper. I love this feeling and wish it would last forever.



