Thursday, March 31, 2005
Shorter and sharper midweek long run
30/3/05
The taper continues which means distances are reducing and the intensity is increasing. Today's run was 14km at a fraction under 4:30 per km pace. The GPS was playing up a bit, but I still managed to keep the pace fairly consistent. First 5km was a tad too fast, the second 5km a tad too slow but the final 4km was just right. This added up to 14km being run in 62:34 with an average HR of 156.
I will do a speedwork session tomorrow and then rest on Friday to be ready for Striders 10km at the Domain on Saturday.
The taper continues which means distances are reducing and the intensity is increasing. Today's run was 14km at a fraction under 4:30 per km pace. The GPS was playing up a bit, but I still managed to keep the pace fairly consistent. First 5km was a tad too fast, the second 5km a tad too slow but the final 4km was just right. This added up to 14km being run in 62:34 with an average HR of 156.
I will do a speedwork session tomorrow and then rest on Friday to be ready for Striders 10km at the Domain on Saturday.




