Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A gentle 6km to start a new week

19/4/05

After a rest day yesterday, Belinda and I headed out for a gentle 6km to start the new week. Started off quite slowly as Belinda felt tight and took a while before she was able to find her rhythm. She found it about half way into the run and finished quite strongly. Her ankle and hip were a bit stiff today so I have suggested she visit a pod as I don't think she is tracking correctly and that her biomechanics need a bit of adjustment. I think it is better that she gets it sorted now before we start building up the kms again.

Comments:
Horrie, that was a gutsy marathon. I think quite a few runners suffered with cramping. There has been talk that drinking too much plain water on the morning of the race can lead to cramping.

In any case, it was an unusually warm day. If it had been cold there wouldn't have been such a worry about dehydration. Six foot is also on my mind for 2006. You've got to love dirt!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?