Saturday, April 09, 2005

Last minute thoughts on Canberra

8/4/05

Well folks, it has finally arrived. After putting this event in my calendar as a must do and having it as my main goal since last October, it is finally here.

My training has gone mostly well. Apart from a couple of speed sessions that blew out, the shocker at Dee Why and the collapse at Lane Cove, I am happy with the way things have panned out. Whilst my speed hasn't increased that much, I feel my endurance and my general fitness is miles ahead of when I started my training for this event.

I would love to go sub 3:20 and qualify for Boston but that is just a dream and I know that I will have to run the race of my life to achieve this. I will set out at that pace and see if I can hold it till the finish.

Thank you to everybody who has shared this journey with me and I hope that you take something out of this for yourselves. I look forward to filing a race report after the Big Show on Sunday to let you know how I get on.

Comments:
Horrie, I look forward to meeting you on Saturday. It looks like being a warm weekend - 9 to 27 both days. It was a similar morning today and it felt hot. I don't have to tell you to drink heaps. Run a conservative race at the start. I'm getting excited and even more nervous than usual.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?