Friday, June 17, 2005

Last of the short runs for Belinda and 10.8km on my own

15/6/05

Belinda and I headed out for our last 7.5km run for a while as we build up to 65km weeks 12 weeks out from the Sydney Marathon. We ran at about medium intensity for Belinda and it was quite an enjoyable morning. Now as we start running 10km plus for 4 mornings, I have to get creative so we are not doing the same runs over again as I need to make sure Belinda is motivated to run on cold mornings.

16/6/05

Headed out for 10.8km on my own as Belinda felt like a rest day today. We are probably going to stick with 3 days on, a rest day then 2 days with a long run on the second before having another rest day to end the week. I cruised around at 4:55 per km pace and felt quite relaxed. It gave me a chance to realise just how lucky I am to be in good health, injury free and able to really appreciate how fortunate I am to be able to run. Not all people are so lucky.

Comments:
I know what you mean about motivation in this cold weather, Horrie! I'm fleeing to the gym & using the treadmill on the last few terribly windy days; didn't do this last year...must be getting old!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?