Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Taking advantage of the public holiday

13/6/05

The Queen's Birthday public holiday saw us sleep in till 7 this morning before heading out to Centennial Park to do 3 laps of the walking track. We decided to do this run as the gradient is fairly flat and the surroundings really stimulate your senses and you hardly feel the effort of running. It certainly helped Belinda ease back into it after Saturday's long run. She was able to step into the groove pretty much from the start. We finished the 3 laps in 63:23 which was about 4 minutes quicker than the last time we ran it. Splits were 21:15, 20:46 and 21:22. The average pace for the run was 5:32 per km which was almost as quick as we ran at Lane Cove in the Striders 10km race. We will try and run this run every Monday as it is a nice way to start the week after doing our long run on the weekend.

Comments:
You call 7:00am a sleep in, Horrie! Heck, can hardly remember when I last got up that early!
Thanks for your comment on my blog; don't know about royalty after Ewen saying I looked like an OLD MAN at the finish! Enjoy what's left of the holiday.
 
Just missed you by about 6hrs. I think I was still at the Cross at that time. Single life hah.
Speed looks good for a faster 10k at Homebush.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?