Saturday, July 30, 2005
Sydney Marathon now entered - no turning back
28/7/05
A change of routine has been forced by my daughter's sporting commitments for this term meaning I can no longer run with Running Wolf on Thursday mornings. I will miss these weekly runs. Thanks for the company Tony. Hope we can start again soon.
This morning's run was an extension of my 10.5km loop to head down to Maroubra Beach and advise Running Wolf of the change of routine. I ended up covering a tad over 11km in just under 53 minutes for a nice steady hitout. The legs are starting to return to normal after the downhill thrashing I gave them last Sunday.
We have finally bit the bullet and officially entered the Sydney Marathon. Our numbers are 1037 and 1038. By entering before the end of July we manage to pick up a free running singlet.
29/7/05
After a day's rest Belinda was ready to roll this morning and roll she did. We ran our 10.8km loop and I could tell from the way we started that Belinda had settled straight into her rhythm and didn't need the first few kms to do this as she usually does. A cooler morning probably got her moving a bit quicker. We started off at 6 minute pace and gradually increased the pace until we were running at her 10km race pace by the end to finish in 62:19 for a whopping 4 minute course PB. It is a shame the GPS went dead about 1.4km from the finish as I would have loved to have seen how quickly she was running at the end as she was flying.
A change of routine has been forced by my daughter's sporting commitments for this term meaning I can no longer run with Running Wolf on Thursday mornings. I will miss these weekly runs. Thanks for the company Tony. Hope we can start again soon.
This morning's run was an extension of my 10.5km loop to head down to Maroubra Beach and advise Running Wolf of the change of routine. I ended up covering a tad over 11km in just under 53 minutes for a nice steady hitout. The legs are starting to return to normal after the downhill thrashing I gave them last Sunday.
We have finally bit the bullet and officially entered the Sydney Marathon. Our numbers are 1037 and 1038. By entering before the end of July we manage to pick up a free running singlet.
29/7/05
After a day's rest Belinda was ready to roll this morning and roll she did. We ran our 10.8km loop and I could tell from the way we started that Belinda had settled straight into her rhythm and didn't need the first few kms to do this as she usually does. A cooler morning probably got her moving a bit quicker. We started off at 6 minute pace and gradually increased the pace until we were running at her 10km race pace by the end to finish in 62:19 for a whopping 4 minute course PB. It is a shame the GPS went dead about 1.4km from the finish as I would have loved to have seen how quickly she was running at the end as she was flying.



