Saturday, September 10, 2005

The End of the Training Road - Now for the big day

8/9/05

We again headed out on our 10.5km loop. Belinda's calf was feeling a lot better than the day before when it was really causing concern. We set out at a nice comfortable pace and while her calf was still stiff, there was no pain. This was a huge relief for her. We then continued on in a nice relaxed pace, chatting all the way, discussing strategies about Sunday. She is feeling really confident about enjoying the run on Sunday. The goal is to get to the finish, enjoy the day and not worry about time.

9/9/05

I headed out on my own on the 10.8km loop. Finished it in just over 52 minutes feeling fit and strong. Really looking forward to Sunday. Can't wait!

Comments:
Good luck to you and Belinda, Horrie. I'll give you a cheer from the Cahill expressway.

Lulu
 
Go team ! I'll be there after the half to see to both run home. Best of luck ! Gronk :)
 
Enjoy the run Belinda, you are about to do something special! You'll hear me out on the course if I see you and look forward to seeing you both at the finish line.
 
Good luck on Sunday, just enjoy it and make sure you look good at the end ;-).
 
I'm so pleased that Belinda is OK to run; like me if she enjoys the run it will be a success, regardless of time...see you both on the big day...isn't it wonderful to have something to be so excited about in our lives!!
 
Belinda/Horrie,

Good luck to you both tommorow! Belinda I am so excited for you!! Who would have thought just 5 months ago we were both nursing injuries and comiserating not running Canberra... look out sydney here you come! I will be cheering you all home after the half. You guys are great... have a great day!

Katie :)
 
Thank you all for your support. It is very much appreciated by Belinda. The nerves are kicking in and she is a bit edgy but these messages of support have really lifted her and kept her stable. Hope to see you a lot of you tomorrow.
 
My guess is that you won't see this until after the run, but we'll be waiting there for you to bring it home. Enjoy it! :-)

sfG
 
Hmmm... I guess I should have said that we'll be waiting because we're only doing the half, not because we're fast :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?