Monday, September 26, 2005
End of week wrap
22/9/05
Belinda and I headed out on our 10.5km loop for her second post marathon run. She ran very strongly and ran 5 minutes quicker than Tuesday. She was happy about this and is looking forward to getting back to race 10km Striders races. The only negative to come out of the run is Belinda is getting pain in the ankle region again so the orthotics have helped the calf but created another problem.
23/9/05
I decided to return to speedwork today. Ran 6 x 2 minute efforts with a minute jog recovery between each one. I was really hurting during the last one but I kept telling myself only so many seconds left. I finished about 40 metres short of where I finished when I last did this session prior to Canberra so that was pleasing.
24/9/05
After the grog monster got me at the CR drinks last night, I decided that I wasn't in shape to run today. So Belinda and I decided to try out a Spin Class at Fitness First to take advantage of the 3 Free Visit pass we got at the Sydney Running Festival. Ended up working harder than I wanted and I could feel my legs afterwards.
25/9/05
Headed out to SMC this morning. Saw a lot of the usual suspects as well as meeting some for the first time. Ran a very pedestrian 44:09 in the 10km today. HR was elevated after the first km and felt heavy and sluggish running in very sticky conditions.
The positive to come out of today is it was a starting point as I begin to race again after mainly running with Belinda for the last 5 months. Now I just have to start training hard again to try and get back to where I was.
Belinda and I headed out on our 10.5km loop for her second post marathon run. She ran very strongly and ran 5 minutes quicker than Tuesday. She was happy about this and is looking forward to getting back to race 10km Striders races. The only negative to come out of the run is Belinda is getting pain in the ankle region again so the orthotics have helped the calf but created another problem.
23/9/05
I decided to return to speedwork today. Ran 6 x 2 minute efforts with a minute jog recovery between each one. I was really hurting during the last one but I kept telling myself only so many seconds left. I finished about 40 metres short of where I finished when I last did this session prior to Canberra so that was pleasing.
24/9/05
After the grog monster got me at the CR drinks last night, I decided that I wasn't in shape to run today. So Belinda and I decided to try out a Spin Class at Fitness First to take advantage of the 3 Free Visit pass we got at the Sydney Running Festival. Ended up working harder than I wanted and I could feel my legs afterwards.
25/9/05
Headed out to SMC this morning. Saw a lot of the usual suspects as well as meeting some for the first time. Ran a very pedestrian 44:09 in the 10km today. HR was elevated after the first km and felt heavy and sluggish running in very sticky conditions.
The positive to come out of today is it was a starting point as I begin to race again after mainly running with Belinda for the last 5 months. Now I just have to start training hard again to try and get back to where I was.
Comments:
<< Home
I don't think it'll take you long to get back to where you were, Horrie! Those 10km Striders races should do it; hope Belinda's ankle behaves itself!
Horrie, good to see you back racing, i'm sure you'll be knocking chunks off your 10k time quick smart.
Post a Comment
<< Home




