Sunday, October 16, 2005
Belinda runs 3 days in a row for first time in 2 months
12/10/05
I ran the 10.5km loop on my own today in a steady 53 minutes. The legs still have a little soreness but are feeling pretty good. It felt good to run at a steady pace on my own as I only usually slow down with Belinda. It gives you a bit more time to think and enjoy what you are doing.
13/10/05
As Belinda has been running pain free for a while now, I thought I would introduce her to hill reps. This will help her at Lane Cove next month but will give her more strength to cope with the terrain of 6 Foot Track. We ran a 2km warmup and then punched out 8 hills. After running most between 40 and 42, I asked Belinda for a big effort on the last and she blasted out a 36. This was a great way to finish off her first hill rep session. We finished off with a 2km warmdown.
14/10/05
Belinda was ready to run again today as she felt fresh in the legs after yesterday's session. So we ran our 10.5km loop at a steady pace. Even though she felt a twinge in both ankles towards the end, Belinda is really enjoying her running at the moment.
15/10/05
We headed out to run the 19km option of the Airport Adventure STaR this morning. A wrong choice of bike path saw us add a 30 minute section to the run so I had to make an adjustment to the back end of the run as we planned to run it in around 2 hours. We ended up running 17.5km in 1:55 for a nice steady run. The only bad spot on an enjoyable run apart from getting lost was Belinda having a tumble after tripping on a raised paver running through Monterey, which caused her to take skin off both knees. A parent at Little Athletics told me not to be so competitive when we run together and refrain from pushing her over because she is now starting to beat me. We both loved that one.
I ran the 10.5km loop on my own today in a steady 53 minutes. The legs still have a little soreness but are feeling pretty good. It felt good to run at a steady pace on my own as I only usually slow down with Belinda. It gives you a bit more time to think and enjoy what you are doing.
13/10/05
As Belinda has been running pain free for a while now, I thought I would introduce her to hill reps. This will help her at Lane Cove next month but will give her more strength to cope with the terrain of 6 Foot Track. We ran a 2km warmup and then punched out 8 hills. After running most between 40 and 42, I asked Belinda for a big effort on the last and she blasted out a 36. This was a great way to finish off her first hill rep session. We finished off with a 2km warmdown.
14/10/05
Belinda was ready to run again today as she felt fresh in the legs after yesterday's session. So we ran our 10.5km loop at a steady pace. Even though she felt a twinge in both ankles towards the end, Belinda is really enjoying her running at the moment.
15/10/05
We headed out to run the 19km option of the Airport Adventure STaR this morning. A wrong choice of bike path saw us add a 30 minute section to the run so I had to make an adjustment to the back end of the run as we planned to run it in around 2 hours. We ended up running 17.5km in 1:55 for a nice steady run. The only bad spot on an enjoyable run apart from getting lost was Belinda having a tumble after tripping on a raised paver running through Monterey, which caused her to take skin off both knees. A parent at Little Athletics told me not to be so competitive when we run together and refrain from pushing her over because she is now starting to beat me. We both loved that one.
Comments:
<< Home
Sorry to hear about your tumble Belinda but I'm really glad to hear that you were able to run 3 days in a row. It sounds like a tough hill session that Horrie put you through. With that sort of preparation, you are going to enjoy 6ft!
J.
J.
Yes Horrie, there are easier ways to beat belinda!!! I bet the tough belinda didn't cry... I would (I am sucha wus!!).
Post a Comment
<< Home




