Saturday, January 14, 2006
Recovery for me as Belinda continues the buildup to 6 Foot Track
9/1/06
As Belinda hadn't run all weekend due to her commitments at the Coastal Classic, she was itching to get out for a run come Monday morning. She headed out for a 70 minute run, familiarising herself with our holiday surroundings. She was happy with her effort and feels as though she really needs to start building towards 6 Foot Track as it is only 9 weeks away.
10/1/06
The legs felt as though they had recovered enough so I could head out with Belinda this morning. We just ran around the area, taking in a few of the streets she had explored the day before with a couple that I thought would be interesting. The result was that we ended up running for just under an hour. I was starting to feel the pinch towards the end as we headed up this hill for home and Belinda pulled away from me here.
11/1/06
As I was encouraged by Belinda's effort up that hill the day before, I thought it would be a good idea to do some hill reps. After a 1km warmup, we punched out 6 hill reps until we were both in a lather of sweat. Followed this with a 1km warmdown. Belinda was glad this session was over but still managed a solid session.
12/1/06
I decided to rest again today as Belinda headed out for a steady hour on her own. She is really enjoying her running at the moment and is looking forward to turning up the intensity in training as she feels she has to get a lot fitter to finish 6 Foot Track within the cutoff.
13/1/06
Just to add a bit of variety, I decided that we would do a fartlek session this morning. After a 1.5km warmup, we punched out 6x2 minute efforts with a minute jog recovery between each one. I thought I was going to get punched out when we finished as I took Belinda out a litte too hard on the first one and she took a while to recover. But once we settled the pace down, she finished them strongly and was certainly glad they were over. We will rest until Sunday where we will head out to SMC at Smithfield where Belinda will tackle the half and I will settle for the 10km.
As Belinda hadn't run all weekend due to her commitments at the Coastal Classic, she was itching to get out for a run come Monday morning. She headed out for a 70 minute run, familiarising herself with our holiday surroundings. She was happy with her effort and feels as though she really needs to start building towards 6 Foot Track as it is only 9 weeks away.
10/1/06
The legs felt as though they had recovered enough so I could head out with Belinda this morning. We just ran around the area, taking in a few of the streets she had explored the day before with a couple that I thought would be interesting. The result was that we ended up running for just under an hour. I was starting to feel the pinch towards the end as we headed up this hill for home and Belinda pulled away from me here.
11/1/06
As I was encouraged by Belinda's effort up that hill the day before, I thought it would be a good idea to do some hill reps. After a 1km warmup, we punched out 6 hill reps until we were both in a lather of sweat. Followed this with a 1km warmdown. Belinda was glad this session was over but still managed a solid session.
12/1/06
I decided to rest again today as Belinda headed out for a steady hour on her own. She is really enjoying her running at the moment and is looking forward to turning up the intensity in training as she feels she has to get a lot fitter to finish 6 Foot Track within the cutoff.
13/1/06
Just to add a bit of variety, I decided that we would do a fartlek session this morning. After a 1.5km warmup, we punched out 6x2 minute efforts with a minute jog recovery between each one. I thought I was going to get punched out when we finished as I took Belinda out a litte too hard on the first one and she took a while to recover. But once we settled the pace down, she finished them strongly and was certainly glad they were over. We will rest until Sunday where we will head out to SMC at Smithfield where Belinda will tackle the half and I will settle for the 10km.
Comments:
<< Home
Congratulations Horrie on the 100km.
top effort to back up this week.
No doubt inspiring to Belinda who'll blitz 6 foot track well under 6 hours by the progress here.
top effort to back up this week.
No doubt inspiring to Belinda who'll blitz 6 foot track well under 6 hours by the progress here.
You guys are running so well! Did I read that right that you only had one day rest horrie??? What a machine :-)
Sounds like you recovered well from the Coastal Classic Horrie.
It's so exciting watching Belinda's progress. It sounds like she is really running well at the moment.
It's so exciting watching Belinda's progress. It sounds like she is really running well at the moment.
Nice recovery Horrie - you managed to get out on the road 2 full days before me!
Glad to hear Belinda's preparation for 6 foot is going so well.
Post a Comment
Glad to hear Belinda's preparation for 6 foot is going so well.
<< Home




