Sunday, March 19, 2006

The week after 6 Foot Track ends at SMC

15/3/06

Headed out for a very creaky 10.5km loop. Was happy to be running but sub 6 minute kms were very much an effort. Quads still quite sore but at least I was able to walk down stairs in a normal manner.

16/3/06

Same run as the day before. Only difference was that I was starting to feel more human and running wasn't as tough as the day before. Finished 4 minutes quicker but still not moving entirely freely.

17/3/06

As I am a glutton for punishment, decided to run the 10.5km loop again to monitor recovery. Was happy to run 2 minutes quicker than the day before although the hamstrings started to tighten up towards the end.

19/3/06

Cooler conditions than usual certainly made it a nice morning for running. Truckie joined Professor on the sidelines. Does that mean I can claim a victory over you 2 as it is the only way I am going to be able to these days. Felt surprisingly fresh at the start after resting yesterday. However, started to feel the efforts at 3km when 2 guys went past on the climb. Started to feel a bit light headed at 4km so backed off. The Prank Caller went past at this point so at least I didn't have to listen to him any longer. Got to the turnaround in 22:08 so was still hopeful of a sub 45. James M who was out on the bike willing his MTG on in the 30km pulled up alongside me around the 7.5km drink station and we chatted for a few hundred metres. I backed off during this point as I wasn't in shape to run quickly and chat at the same point. I mentioned to James M that the 2 runners up ahead by 100m are ones that I am usually racing but the energy levels weren't there today. The second lady went past just after this. That made me realise that I had probably backed off a bit too much. So I tacked back onto her and went past her on a rise between 8 and 9km mark. However just after this, a rampaging Solo who was also backing up after 6 Foot went charging past. I picked up the pace at the 9km mark as I realised sub 45 was falling away. I was happy to stay within 20 metres of Solo, who kept looking around waiting for a challenge. Not today Solo, you were safe. Even though Truckie tried to gee me up to chase him. Was happy to get to the finish in 44:52. Surprisingly, the legs felt great. Shame that the energy levels were a bit down though. Still, I was happy to finish race 7 and now only have 2 to go.

Comments:
Well done Horrie on backing up a week after 6ft. I don't think you need to worry about feeling a lack of energy as I'm sure you're still recovering!

Take care and see you in Canberra.
 
Good to see the recovery going so well Horrie - great job mate ;-)
 
Glad to see you have recovered well. Can we have an update on Belinda?
 
Your recovery is good food for thought. So now when I am limping and moaning after Canberra I will remember that you do come back from the pain to run again.

Sub 45 after 6 Foot, definitely doing well in your recovery Horrie.

Belinda, hope your calf has ceased troubling you and that you are on the comeback trail.
 
Great result yesterday Horrie. How the hell do you recover so quickly? C'mon, spill the beans ;-)
 
Good recovery Horrie!

Can you email me [address is on my blogger profile] so I can let you know about the plan for the 50k.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?