Saturday, April 29, 2006

CR 5km Challenge

29/4/06

After dropping Tim and Belinda off at the start, I thought I had enough time to drive to the finish and do a warmup run back to the start to start with the 20 or 21 minute group.

After being passed by the 22 minute group with just under a km to get to the start, I knew I wasn't going to make it. I was soon passed by the 21, 20, 19, 18 and 17 minute groups in quick succession. I made it to the start just in time to see Beaky ready to tear up the course and establish a new CR 5km Record. I thought better off trying to start with him as I probably would have had only 1 second of fame. So after a 24 minute 5km warmup, I had a quick drink and bit the bullet and started off for what I knew was going to be a solo run.

I ran the first km in just on 4 minutes but soon realised there was not a lot left in the tank. This was confirmed by the next 3km splits of 4:16, 4:18 and 4:22. I finally managed to pull my finger out and find a bit extra to run the last km in 4:04 to finish in 21 flat. It wasn't quite the run I was hoping for but happy in the end with a sub 45 10km tempo run.

Tim finished soon after me to complete his 3rd 5km run in 3 weeks. Belinda's leg is no good at all and it will be a while before she is able to get back into it as the stress fracture heals.

Comments:
I think I did that my first CR 5k running late to the start to meet SilverFox and AndrewFF53.We were starting at 6:15 though. Thanks for coming out to cheer today it was most welcome as everyone just cheers for their clubs.
 
Sorry to read about Belinda's injury hassles.
Good workout today Horrie.

A big thanks to you both for coming out to Scarborough Park. I really appreciated any support since I wasn't far from blowing up on the numerous laps.
 
Nice work today Horrie, sorry to hear Belinda's injury woes continue - hey and what a great run from Tim - aweome ;-)
 
Well done Horrie. Its hard to 'race' on your own.

Congrats to Timbo. His 3rd 5k run in as many weeks - let him know he is doing way better than me!

Give Belinda a healing hug from me and all her friends up in Brissie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?