Sunday, May 28, 2006

SMC 10km - Race 9 of 9

28/5/06

I arrived at Smiffo today just before the runners doing the long run were starting. Said a quick hello to Plu and Bernie G before they took off. I then spent time talking to O Runner and Vat about the weather and Vat saying how hard it was to warm up.

After registering, it was a case of getting the body thawed out and ready to run. After a few stretches, a warmup and a few more stretches, it was time to head over to the start.

I tucked in behind O Runner and went through the first km in 4:15. He gradually started to pull away from me and when I got to the 2.5km drink station, I noticed the HR shot up to 182. Even though I was feeling okay, I decided to back off at this point. Heading up the hill to 3km, I was passed by 2 guys running together but then just tucked in behind them. I managed to reach 5km in 21:40 with the HRM telling me all sorts of things. I just settled and continued to chase the 2 guys who overtook me at 3km. Heading up the hill between 6 and 7km, Eagle's brother issued a challenge and moved ahead of me. I overtook him on the downhill after this but I was then overtaken in quick succession by a young female and the old veteran Solo, who quietened his breathing so I wouldn't hear him. I then spent the last 2.5km chasing them and even though I ran the last km in 4:00, I never quite caught them to finish in 43:07 for my second fastest race of the series.

Comments:
9 out of 9, does that mean you get the t-shirt and a mini version of an industrial estate as a trophy? See you at Lane Cove on Sat and the relays at Ramsgate.
 
Well done on the run today Horrie, as you alluded to in our discussion I am sure Banana Coast is still in the legs.

I think 9 out of 9 entitles you to a special guided tour of Smithfield on the handlebars of the pace bike :)
 
Well done Horrie - a huge effort not long after the Banana Coast run :-)
 
That's a good hit-out Horrie. Nothing wrong with a 43.
 
Nice work Horrie _ I reckon you should get a prize just for driving that far...

Good to hear Tim enjoyed putting on the DSA gear and great to read about him finishing another 5k.

How's Belinda's recovery coming along?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?