Tuesday, June 20, 2006

2 runs with Belinda to start the recovery and some bling

18/6/06

Belinda decided she wanted to run 2 laps of the main path of Centennial Park and asked if I wanted to join her. As I felt she was asking for my company, I couldn't refuse after she did another great job crewing for me all throughout Saturday. The DOMS wasn't as bad as after Banana Coast and I thought I could cope. How wrong I was! Felt like I was running on tin legs as I started and had to ask Belinda to slow down a couple of times. Gradually eased into the run, finishing the first lap in just over 24 minutes. Not long after this, the left foot and ITB which had made themselves known about 20km from the finish of PMC was happy to announce themselves again. As my discomfort increased, Belinda decided to put me out of my misery by deciding to cut the second lap short and we ran across the park to clock around 6.5km. By the end I was in agony and in a dark place mentally as it just reminded me about the pain of the last 20km of PMC. It was a big mistake trying to get out there so soon after PMC, which is one I won't be repeating again in a hurry.

20/6/06

The day's rest yesterday with some voltaren gel applied to the problem areas had me ready to tackle the road again with Belinda this morning for a 6km run. I am happy to report that the foot was a slight niggle with the ITB pain disappearing altogether but the pain on the inside of the knee before PMC had returned but not causing too much bother. Belinda was again moving smoothly and is progressing well.

I am also happy to report that I received my first running bling with a goblet from Banana Coast commemorating my 4th place there. I was really shocked to receive this as I didn't think 4th place warranted an award. I also got an email from Sailaway advising me that I finished 2nd in the SMC 10km Series 35-44 Age Group and he had a trophy for me which I could pick up from him at Woodford to Glenbrook on Sunday. So double bling - I'm rapt!

Comments:
Very impressive Horrie. Great to run with you on Saturday. Look forward to seeing you at more races now that I'm here in Syd. Cheers, Brendan
 
2 good runs for Belinda and 2 bling for Horrie - sounds nice all round.

Ta
 
And you tell me to take it easy. I'd be out for a week after doing 90k. Maybe you should have run around the grass trail on the outside fence or even the grass next to the horse track. much better on the legs. Trophies always good for any place mate.
 
Heh Horrie.....R.E.S.T.

Belinda - make him :)

Congrats on the comeback Belinda and I will be watching you (your blog at least) to see how you progress. Fingers crossed the enjoyment and successes return quickly.

Horrie "bling-bling" well done mate. Very much deserved and earnt I am sure. Hopefully they remind you of all the effort you have been putting in last few months and that you can truly say you deserve a break. Take a few days off then get back into it. Let the ITB and niggles go away for good.

Take care Horrie/Belinda and Tim.
 
Nice one Horrie, bling is good, although pottery aint exactly bling, you'll take it ;-)
 
Congrats on the double bling Horrie - you will have to get approval for that trophy room extension now ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?