Thursday, July 13, 2006
7km Fartlek
13/7/06
This morning's session was a 7x1km loop fartlek session with 2 surges and 2 floats with the surges being above 5km race pace and the floats at half marathon pace. This meant that the 7km was very intense with no recoveries. It was a funny kind of a session where I was really starting to hurt on rep 3 but the pain never got any worse for the rest of the session and I was able to bang out the 1km loops in a very consistent fashion which means that my anaerobic threshold is improving. The benefit of this structured training is already starting to show. Splits for the 1km loops were as follows 4:07 (a bit toey chasing Blue Dog), 4:21, 4:21, 4:20, 4:22, 4:23 and 4:16 for a time of 30:12. I was very happy how I was able to keep reps 2 to 6 within a few seconds of each other and then to find a bit extra on the last one.
This morning's session was a 7x1km loop fartlek session with 2 surges and 2 floats with the surges being above 5km race pace and the floats at half marathon pace. This meant that the 7km was very intense with no recoveries. It was a funny kind of a session where I was really starting to hurt on rep 3 but the pain never got any worse for the rest of the session and I was able to bang out the 1km loops in a very consistent fashion which means that my anaerobic threshold is improving. The benefit of this structured training is already starting to show. Splits for the 1km loops were as follows 4:07 (a bit toey chasing Blue Dog), 4:21, 4:21, 4:20, 4:22, 4:23 and 4:16 for a time of 30:12. I was very happy how I was able to keep reps 2 to 6 within a few seconds of each other and then to find a bit extra on the last one.
Comments:
<< Home
Good to see team GBH training together. Great session mate. Speed is definitely on its way back. Keep it up.
Great work out Horrie, and you're right, you might have been hurting but the endurance was kicking in from all your work. Well done.
Post a Comment
<< Home




