Friday, August 11, 2006
End of week update
7/8/06
Belinda and I headed out on our 10.5km loop. We took it very easy as Belinda's leg was a bit sore after her effort on Saturday.
8/8/06
Another SWEAT session for me and this morning there were 3X1600s on the menu. As the faster guys were doing 2km reps, we were getting ample recovery between each one. I set the goal for the session at averaging 3:55/km, which meant clocking each 400 rep at 1:34. I was very happy with how the session went as I was hitting just on or under 1:34 each lap and was able to do this for all 3 reps. I am definitely starting to feel the benefits of the training now. Splits for the 1600s were 6:13, 6:14 and 6:12, which gave me an average of 3:53/km.
9/8/06
No run for me this day as I was recovering from a severe allergic reaction to my eyes after inadvertently rubbing dog hair in them. As I woke up looking and feeling as though I had gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson, I decided to have a day off.
Belinda headed out for 10.5km on her own and was moving a lot better than Monday morning but still not feeling 100%. She has decided to have a couple of days off before she runs City to Surf.
10/8/06
After missing my 1 hour run scheduled for the day before, I headed out on a 12.4km loop and was happy to run in it just over an hour. I felt very controlled and relaxed and am starting to get excited about the weekend.
11/8/06
I had an easy half hour on the program today so was once again happy to cruise 6k in just under 29 minutes. I'm feeling Big Kev excited about the weekend and am really enjoying my running at the moment as it takes me to a place where I am very happy.
Belinda and I headed out on our 10.5km loop. We took it very easy as Belinda's leg was a bit sore after her effort on Saturday.
8/8/06
Another SWEAT session for me and this morning there were 3X1600s on the menu. As the faster guys were doing 2km reps, we were getting ample recovery between each one. I set the goal for the session at averaging 3:55/km, which meant clocking each 400 rep at 1:34. I was very happy with how the session went as I was hitting just on or under 1:34 each lap and was able to do this for all 3 reps. I am definitely starting to feel the benefits of the training now. Splits for the 1600s were 6:13, 6:14 and 6:12, which gave me an average of 3:53/km.
9/8/06
No run for me this day as I was recovering from a severe allergic reaction to my eyes after inadvertently rubbing dog hair in them. As I woke up looking and feeling as though I had gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson, I decided to have a day off.
Belinda headed out for 10.5km on her own and was moving a lot better than Monday morning but still not feeling 100%. She has decided to have a couple of days off before she runs City to Surf.
10/8/06
After missing my 1 hour run scheduled for the day before, I headed out on a 12.4km loop and was happy to run in it just over an hour. I felt very controlled and relaxed and am starting to get excited about the weekend.
11/8/06
I had an easy half hour on the program today so was once again happy to cruise 6k in just under 29 minutes. I'm feeling Big Kev excited about the weekend and am really enjoying my running at the moment as it takes me to a place where I am very happy.
Comments:
<< Home
Good luck for tomorrow Horrie - look forward to catching up with you at the end of C2S and hearing how it all went. Also good luck to Tim and Belinda for Sunday!
Post a Comment
<< Home




