Saturday, August 05, 2006
Lane Cove 10km
5/8/06
It was a very productive morning at Lane Cove for Belinda and I.
Belinda was hoping to run sub 60 while I was hoping to consolidate some strong training into a good time. Although I was mindful of having run a marathon last week,I felt I was capable of running a low 42. I was happy to let Guz and the 40 minute bus disappear into the distance and settled into a nice rhythm running with Danielle Langsworth, averaging 4:07 for the first 2km. The pace slowed slightly as we hit the hills. I was still on pace at halfway, reaching 5km in 21:08. I managed to pull away from those I was running with as we hit the top of the climb at 5.5km and set my sights on reeling Hamburglar in. During the next 2km, I switched off mentally, seeming happy to keep him in sight. Then Danielle and a couple of others went past me at around the 8km mark. This snapped me out of my lethargy and I tried to go with them. I watched from behind as they reeled Hamburglar in. Podrunner was coming back to me at a rapid rate after being sucked into the 40 minute bus vortex at the start. When I saw my split of 38.05 at 9km, I thought that if I ran a similar km to the last time I ran here, I could go sub 42. So I opened up the stride and was reeling in Podrunner with every stride, running the final km in 3:52 to just finish beind Hamburglar to finish in 41:57.
Splits were 4:06, 4:08, 4:16, 4:12, 4:26, 4:17, 4:14, 4:10, 4:14 and 3:52.
I then did a warmdown and met up with Belinda and ran the last km in with her. She managed to crank the pace up to rise to the challenge of going sub 57. She was very happy to be back racing Striders 10km races again.
It was a very productive morning at Lane Cove for Belinda and I.
Belinda was hoping to run sub 60 while I was hoping to consolidate some strong training into a good time. Although I was mindful of having run a marathon last week,I felt I was capable of running a low 42. I was happy to let Guz and the 40 minute bus disappear into the distance and settled into a nice rhythm running with Danielle Langsworth, averaging 4:07 for the first 2km. The pace slowed slightly as we hit the hills. I was still on pace at halfway, reaching 5km in 21:08. I managed to pull away from those I was running with as we hit the top of the climb at 5.5km and set my sights on reeling Hamburglar in. During the next 2km, I switched off mentally, seeming happy to keep him in sight. Then Danielle and a couple of others went past me at around the 8km mark. This snapped me out of my lethargy and I tried to go with them. I watched from behind as they reeled Hamburglar in. Podrunner was coming back to me at a rapid rate after being sucked into the 40 minute bus vortex at the start. When I saw my split of 38.05 at 9km, I thought that if I ran a similar km to the last time I ran here, I could go sub 42. So I opened up the stride and was reeling in Podrunner with every stride, running the final km in 3:52 to just finish beind Hamburglar to finish in 41:57.
Splits were 4:06, 4:08, 4:16, 4:12, 4:26, 4:17, 4:14, 4:10, 4:14 and 3:52.
I then did a warmdown and met up with Belinda and ran the last km in with her. She managed to crank the pace up to rise to the challenge of going sub 57. She was very happy to be back racing Striders 10km races again.
Comments:
<< Home
A productive morning indeed! Congrats to you both. Horrie, great effort after your huge PB last weekend. Belinda - awesome. I'm so happy for you.
PS Did you recieve the book ?
PS Did you recieve the book ?
Great efforts both of you, and Horrie well done especially on the sub-42. To back up like that after a recent marathon is something special.
Horrie, you have become a machine! Even if you hadn't done a marathon last weekend that would be a fantastic result for 10k.
Guess you are starting to harbour thoughts about the triple crown next year :-)
Well done to Belinda too. Its good to see her back in action at last and running well.
Post a Comment
Guess you are starting to harbour thoughts about the triple crown next year :-)
Well done to Belinda too. Its good to see her back in action at last and running well.
<< Home




