Thursday, August 24, 2006

Shorter midweek long run and 7km fartlek

23/8/06

With GH being less than 2 weeks away, Sean has reduced the midweek long run to 45 minutes on the program as the taper begins. Ran a new course, which I guessed to be around 9km and finished in around 48 minutes. Left foot almost pain free at last.

24/8/06

Today, it was the killer 7km fartlek session, which is 7 laps of a 1km circuit with 2 efforts at 5km pace and 2 floats at HM pace. The efforts and the floats begin to blur into each other the longer the session goes. I was working very hard to find any real pace as the legs haven't got that bounce back in them just yet. Was very happy at the end of the session when I realised I ran the session 1 second slower than last time. That session was before the big mileage weeks that began with King of the Mountain and ended with 12 Foot. So despite feeling that I couldn't hit top pace, was pleasantly surprised that when the legs freshen up, I should see some improvement in the speed department.

Splits for the 1km laps were 4:05 (a bit frisky), 4:16, 4:20, 4:21, 4:22, 4:26 (really feeling it here) and a 4:20 to finish.

Belinda didn't run this morning as she was feeling a bit unwell but made up for it by heading out for 10.5km on her own this evening.

Comments:
It is all looking very promising indeed for Glasshouse!!!

See you there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?