Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A taste of speed to end the month

30/10/06

As I had 45 minutes on the program and Belinda had a rest day, I ventured out for a steady paced 8km run. I was very happy with the way I pulled up after the 33km the day before, with no pain from the ITB. Things are definitely on the improve.

31/10/06

We headed to SWEAT this morning both feeling good with the niggles slowly dissipating. I had 10X400s on the program while Belinda had 8X300s. As we arrived, we could feel the warmth and humidity of the day coming through. As we worked our way through the warmup and drills, I found myself able to really stretch out through the strides with no restrictiveness in the knee. I then decided to let rip in the 400s and really crank it up to see what speed was there.

I opened up with an 86 for the first rep and realised that there was a bit more in reserve so really cranked it up for the second rep and was surprised to hear Sean shout out 80 as I finished. I managed to catch Belinda finishing her 300s on the first 2 but couldn't catch her on her next 6. Reps 3 to 9 were all in between the times of the first 2 before I gave it everything in the last one and raced FPT and Darren to finish it in 79.

Splits were 86, 80, 82, 80, 84, 83, 85, 85, 85 and 79 for an average of 83.

Comments:
Very nice work Horrie - to hold sub 90's for multiple reps is HOT!
 
Those are some nice 400s Horrie! Sub-17:30 5k pace. Looks like Belinda did well on the 300s too.
 
10x400m!! Makes my 4x400m tomorrow look like a stroll in the park! Great running for Belinda too.
 
Just enough speed to race past Blue Dog at GNW.
 
Sounds like the weather wasn't the only thing sizzling on that track Horrie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?