Friday, January 26, 2007

Running in the tandoori oven and Australia Day Fun Run

24/1/07

I had 90 minutes on the program so decided to run to Coogee via Maroubra Beach and then back home through Randwick and Kingsford for a run I guessed to be 18km. I was pretty much spot on with the distance. Finished the run a few seconds over what I did the half at SMC in and 2kg lighter as I sweated bucket loads in what must have been close to 100% humidity.

25/1/07

We had 7 Wild Wallys on the menu at SWEAT this morning and it was just as humid as the day before. My best session on Wild Wallys was a 2:40 average before Christmas. After Tuesday's good session I was hopeful of getting close to that. I started off with a 2:44 and it seemed like hard work. I then worked on trying to stay relaxed and focussed during the long downhill stretch. It seemed to work and I reeled off a 2:40. Then amazingly I was able to run the next 5 in the 2:38 to 2:40 range. Sean commented on how consistent I was and thought I looked very strong. Average for the session was again 2:40.

26/1/07

Tim and I headed to Gough Whitlam Park for a 6km Fun Run put on by Canterbury Council after deciding the Penrifff run was too early and too far away. There were about 40 entrants and Tim ran very well and knocked 5 and a half minutes off his PB to finish in 54:27. Here are some photos of him having so much fun.





Comments:
If I'd known there was a race at Canterbury I would have headed out. Hope Tim had fun running another PB.
 
Wow five and a half minutes is great going Tim. Great effort mate.
 
Looks like Tim has been trimming down to his racing weight so I'm not surprised at the PB - well done Tim ;-)

Consistent as always Horrie - how's B's calf?
 
Happy Australia Day and nice pics of the Australia Day run. I'd give anything to be doing 5 minute PBs and that is one fantastic effort from Tim.
 
Fantastic run Tim - well done on the PB. That's a huge improvement!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?