Monday, April 30, 2007

The PB run comes to an end

23/4/07

Half hour recovery run. Covered 6.44km @ 4:40/km.

24/4/07

We were scheduled for 3x2km reps today but the course where we run these were under water so we ran 2 reps of the main path at Centennial Park which is 3.7km with a 4:45 jog recovery in between. Pushed the envelope on the first one and ran a new PB for this path with a 14:16 @ 3:51/km. I knew the second one was going to be hard work but was surprised by taking it out a bit slower I was able to finish it in 14:40 @ 3:57/km.

25/4/07

I decided to have an easy day today to try and get over a few niggles that were bothering me so only ran for half an hour. Covered 6.37km @ 4:43/km.

26/4/07

Due to running the ANSW Novice 10km Cross Country on Saturday, Sean advised us to only do 6 laps of Big Bertha. I was happy to run the same time for each rep when I ran 10 laps in 18 minutes. Although I don't think I had another 4 in me at the same pace like I did last time.

27/4/07

Another easy half hour covering 6.34km @ 4:44/km.

28/4/07

Headed out to Scarborough Park for the ANSW Novice 10km Cross Country with the hope of having another crack at the sub 40. I was on pace up until 5km but started to find the course tough going as the section you had to run around 4 times didn't have the best of footing. Then at 6.5km my guts started doing cartwheels and I thought I was going to have an accident. I slowed down for a couple of minutes hoping that the feeling would go and luckily it did. But by this stage I knew the sub 40 was long gone so I just concentrated on form and tried to catch a few that had overtaken me during my bad patch. I was happy enough to do this but was disappointed in the end result of 41:29. I finished the race feeling quite beat up both physically and mentally. One thing that gave me hope was watching Blue Dog absolutely smash the course and finish within 2 seconds off his PB after having a shocker at SMC the week before. I hope I can bounce back as quickly at North Head this week.

29/4/07

Still feeling the effects of the race the day before, I decided to cut the long run back to 18km. I was happy that I was able to maintain sub 5 minute pace pretty comfortably to finish in just under 89 minutes. I still can't believe that I ran an extra 3.1km in the same time last week though.

30/4/07

Just an easy 6km today with no watch just to have a chill out day.

Comments:
"I still can't believe that I ran an extra 3.1km in the same time last week though."

It is a funny thing running when numbers come out like this.

cheers PLu
 
Geez Horrie XC isn't really the type of event to set a distance PB..... nice work mate.
 
You are a bit tough on yourself mate. Blimey 41:29 may not be aPB but nothing to be ashamed of. That sub 40 is there to be had. Maybe not before Western States but it's your's.
 
hope u give that sub40 a good shake mate.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?